Fodor's Expert Review Casa de Gobierno

San Salvador de Jujuy Government Building Fodor's Choice

The 1907 Casa de Gobierno (Government House) fronts the plaza on San Martín and contains the provincial government offices. A first-floor hall, the Salón de la Bandera, displays the original Argentine flag donated by General Belgrano in 1813, a gift to the city after it cooperated with the Belgrano-headed Exodus of Jujuy during the War of Independence. Entry is on Sarmiento street. The flag was replaced a few years later by the current white and sky-blue stripe version, and the one here is now used as the national coat of arms.

Government Building Fodor's Choice

Quick Facts

San Martín 450
San Salvador de Jujuy, Jujuy  4600, Argentina

388-423–9400

www.jujuy.gov.ar

Sight Details:
Rate Includes: Free

What’s Nearby