Fodor's Expert Review Lovill House Inn
404 Old Bristol Rd., Boone, North Carolina, 28607, USA
Built in 1875 and featuring details such as wormy chestnut woodwork and heart-pine floors, this two-story restored country farmhouse, the best B&B in the area, occupies 11 wooded acres in a quiet area west of downtown. Some rooms have antique sleigh beds and fireplaces.
- charming rooms
- delicious breakfasts
- charming, spacious rooms updated with flat-screen TVs and Wi-Fi
- lovely grounds with picnic area and small stream
- a bit of a walk into Boone or to App State
- a bit of a hike into Boone or to ASU
- no children under 12
- some guests report noise "leaks"