One of the best-preserved medieval street plans in the country can be explored in Haddington. Among the many buildings of architectural and historical interest is the Town House, designed by William Adam in 1748 and enlarged in 1830. A wall plaque at the Sidegate recalls the great heights of floods from the River Tyne. Beyond is the medieval Nungate footbridge, with the Church of St. Mary a little way upstream.
Elsewhere In Edinburgh and the Lothians
Sitting on a terrace overlooking a beautiful river valley, this 14th-century structure with diamond-faceted facade was home to the Crichtons, and later the earls of...
- 0 Restaurants
- 0 Hotels
- 1 Things To Do