Fodor's Expert Review Church of St. Maxim the Blessed

Kitai Gorod Religious Building/Site/Shrine

In 1698 this white-stone church was built on the site where the Holy Fool Maxim was buried. It's between St. Barbara's and the Cathedral of the Sign (in front of the northern side of the bare field where the Hotel Rossiya once stood). The church's exterior is in a sad state, dingy with exhaust from the cars that speed by on ulitsa Varvarka, and the interior is currently closed to visitors.

Religious Building/Site/Shrine

Quick Facts

4 ul. Varvarka
Moscow, Moscow  109012, Russia

-No phone

What’s Nearby

Around the Web