Fodor's Expert Review Challet Fonte Nova
Rua da Fonte Nova 8, Alcobaça, Leiria, 2460–046, Portugal
This charming B&B, a five-minute walk from the Mosteiro de Alcobaça, has guest rooms in period style, while the more spacious lodgings in the new wing—including two suites with balconies—are more classically decorated. Originally built by returning Portuguese emigrants to show off their newfound wealth from Brazil, the main house reflects a style that was popular in the South American country at the time. Make sure to see the centuries-old "new fountain" under the front garden that gives the place its name.
- great location
- romantic setting
- toiletries by noted Portuguese brand Castelbel
- a trellised walkway leads up to leafy garden
- small spa where massages are available
- toiletries by the luxe Castelbel
- no pool
- no restaurant
- Wi-Fi free but signal can be elusive
- free Wi-Fi has elusive signal
- no pool
Rate Includes: Free Breakfast, Closed 2 wks in Dec.