This popular resort some 25 km (16 miles) north of Klaipėda has more than 24 km (16 miles) of sandy coastline. It's been a popular seaside resort since the early 19th century, developed by the family of Count Michal Tyszkiewicz, who purchased the town in 1824. Today the mansion of Count Tyszkiewicz houses the Museum of Amber, the pride of the region (some of the ambers featured there are the size of a human head). In the palace grounds, the gorgeous Botanical Gardens were planted 110 years ago by the chief City Gardener of Paris, Edouard André.
Fodor’s Brooklyn has been awarded silver place for its “welcome” and “timely” approach to the NYC borough.More