Fodor's Expert Review Sint-Janshuismolen and Koeleweimolen

Brugge Museum/Gallery

The outer ramparts of the medieval city of Bruges used to be dotted with windmills; now four remain along the ring road. Of these, two can be visited and are still used to grind flour: the St-Janshuismolen (1770) and the Koeleweimolen (1765). The wooden steps leading up to them are quite steep and not for the fainthearted. The last tickets are issued 30 minutes prior to closing.

Museum/Gallery Family

Quick Facts

Brugge, Flanders  B8000, Belgium


Sight Details:
Rate Includes: €3 (for both mills), Closed Mon. and Oct.–Mar.

What’s Nearby