Fodor's Expert Review Lighthouse Yacht Club and Marina
Editor's Note: This location is no longer in operation.
This motel-style property in Andros Town is for the budgeter who doesn’t mind putting up with so-so service and amenity foibles. Located on the south of beautiful Fresh Creek, it is not devoid of charm and pretty flora: the rooms are clean but the overall atmosphere is plain and downcast. The pool has no water. Although the native food is good, the dining room and the bar might close after lunch unless the hotel is full. For yachts seeking a low-cost marina, Lighthouse is the best in all Andros, although the docks need repair. Boat, diving, and fishing excursions can be arranged and a cozy beach is two minutes' walk away.
- best location on Andros to safely berth your boat
- easy access to town, shops, restaurants
- good for budget travelers
- needs renovation and repair
- service at check-in and in the restaurant can be slow
Rate Includes: Credit cards accepted