Fodor's Expert Review Shangri-La Golden Flower
8 Changle Xi Lu, Xian, Shaanxi, 710032, China Fodor's Choice
The older of the two Shangri-La's in Xi'an, this remains one of the city's most luxurious hotels with English-speaking staff, an indoor swimming pool and gym facilities. The hotel is 10–15 minutes northeast of the city center, and easily accessible by subway. Get off at Tong Hua Men station on Line 1 and take Exit B. Make sure your cab driver knows you're going to the Golden Flower Hotel, and not the Shangri-La, or else you many find yourself at the newer Shangri-La all the way across town to the east.
- spacious rooms
- excellent room service
- large indoor swimming pool
- quick access to the subway
- layout is confusing
- rooms beginning to show age.
- layout is confusing, rooms beginning to show age.
- rooms beginning to show age
- bathrooms are in need of updating
Rate Includes: No meals