Search

North Cascades, WA

Search this Thread

Old Jan 13th, 2022, 02:24 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
North Cascades, WA

Does anyone have experience hiking in North Cascades Park? We are planning a vacation starting there from July 30-August 2nd, then moving on to Paradise Lodge in Mt. Rainier. Specifically for Cascades, I am seeking advice on where to stay for best access to park for mainly hiking/sightseeing. We potentially have lodging at the Lodge at Stehekin, but I am wondering if 3 nights there is limiting for us. Thanks for any help in planning this leg. We are looking at VRBO rental, lodges for our adult family of 6
Old Jan 14th, 2022, 07:26 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
We do a lot of hiking in the North Cascades. The problem with this area is lodging, as you have figured out. We mostly backpack, so I can't comment on most of the usual lodging. Stehekin though, yes. Three nights is a good amount of time because with the ferry you pretty much only have half days on arrival/departure, depending. I will say, I would never take Lady of the Lake again. Horrible experience and the owner wouldn't come clean. There is a new ferry that the lodge uses, and I would opt for that instead. This is where we stay when we go, and two of their cabins do fit 6 people.
https://stehekincedarcabin.com/cedar-cabin/

The nice thing with this is they give you a Tahoe to use, which is really nice to get around on your own. Especially for getting to the trailheads that are further away without having to use the shuttle bus. She meets you are the dock with the vehicle and takes you to the cabin.

As for the rest of the NC, it depends on where you are wanting to hike. There are many great trails, but know that most of these are longer with more elevation. So not sure what you have in mind.