Napa/Sonoma bus trip from SF

Old Aug 9th, 2022, 02:56 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Napa/Sonoma bus trip from SF

Hi, I’m wondering if anyone has recently taken a bus trip from San Francisco to Napa, Sonoma, or Russian River that they would recommend. There’s only the two of us, so the private ones are a little pricey. We don’t want to drive, as we both would be sampling. We are wine lovers, but this would be our first trip to California wine country.
Old Aug 13th, 2022, 02:12 PM

Received 13 Likes on 2 Posts
I don’t know anything about bus trips, but I can recommend you visit the cute town of Healdsburg, in Sonoma. More family-owned vineyards around there. Not a pretentious area. Russian River is next door.

But, if it’s your first trip to California wine country, you might want to see Napa. We prefer Sonoma, after being to Napa several times.
Old Aug 14th, 2022, 09:59 AM
Original Poster

Mobro, thank you very much for the advice! Much appreciated!
Old Aug 14th, 2022, 10:04 AM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by MoBro
I don’t know anything about bus trips, but I can recommend you visit the cute town of Healdsburg, in Sonoma. More family-owned vineyards around there.
Not true. Plenty of family owned vineyards n Napa Valley and corporate owners in Sonoma County and Healdsburg.
Old Aug 14th, 2022, 12:19 PM

We enjoyed staying in St. Helena, nice small town with very good food and nearby wineries. Don’t know anything about buses and how you intend to get around without a car as things are quite spread out in the area between Napa and Healdsburg.

Last edited by curiousgeo; Aug 14th, 2022 at 12:32 PM.
Old Aug 14th, 2022, 02:17 PM

Received 13 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by MichelleY
Not true. Plenty of family owned vineyards n Napa Valley and corporate owners in Sonoma County and Healdsburg.
I didn’t say there weren’t any at all.
Old Oct 4th, 2022, 05:29 AM
Original Poster

Update

Hello, just updating for anyone with the same question. We did end up renting a car, and staying overnite in Healdsburg. Thank you again for that recommendation! The bus trips from SF only stopped at three, and we wanted to visit others. We stayed at the Fairview inn, which was very clean and affordable. We joined the chalk hill wine club, which has quite a few sister wineries in these areas, so more than paid for itself for us with the included complimentary tastings. Costeaux bakery was fabulous for breakfast and opens at 7:30
Old Oct 4th, 2022, 08:13 AM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Thanks for reporting back. We want to try that bakery next time we are in Healdsburg.
Old Oct 18th, 2022, 05:50 AM

Originally Posted by peppermintpatti
Hello, just updating for anyone with the same question. We did end up renting a car, and staying overnite in Healdsburg. Thank you again for that recommendation! The bus trips from SF only stopped at three, and we wanted to visit others. We stayed at the Fairview inn, which was very clean and affordable. We joined the chalk hill wine club, which has quite a few sister wineries in these areas, so more than paid for itself for us with the included complimentary tastings. Costeaux bakery was fabulous for breakfast and opens at 7:30
what was your itinerary? We are flying into SFO & want to visit wineries.