Help with Wedding in New York

Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 21st, 2022, 12:30 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Flying into New York for my brothers wedding.

He is to be married in Central Park.

Looking for mobile hairdressers for.bride hair and a horse/carriage that's not stuck on a specific route when you go into the park.

Any one out there able to advise me on what route to take and who maybe to talk too.

Thanks.
Old Apr 22nd, 2022, 10:21 AM

Originally Posted by rachaelallen4899
Flying into New York for my brothers wedding.

He is to be married in Central Park.

Looking for mobile hairdressers for.bride hair and a horse/carriage that's not stuck on a specific route when you go into the park.

Any one out there able to advise me on what route to take and who maybe to talk too.

Thanks.
Congrats to your brother on his upcoming nuptials

For a mobile hairdresser I suggest you google 'mobile hairdresser NYC' and review the results to find one you want.

As far as the horse/carriage I can tell you that the horse/carriage is required to follow a specific route within the park (or the driver could lose his license). [Of course you can always ask the driver if he will deviate - it can't hurt to ask]

Old Apr 22nd, 2022, 12:41 PM

I recommend you tell your brother to hire a wedding planner, if one single thing goes wrong, he or his bride or both will blame you. Punt.
Old Apr 22nd, 2022, 01:36 PM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
LOL. I agree with jamie99.
Old Apr 22nd, 2022, 01:58 PM
Original Poster

Originally Posted by nycguy10002
Congrats to your brother on his upcoming nuptials

For a mobile hairdresser I suggest you google 'mobile hairdresser NYC' and review the results to find one you want.

As far as the horse/carriage I can tell you that the horse/carriage is required to follow a specific route within the park (or the driver could lose his license). [Of course you can always ask the driver if he will deviate - it can't hurt to ask]
thank you
Old Apr 25th, 2022, 04:01 PM

Try Glamsquad! It's an app where the hairstylist comes to you. It can be hit or miss, but it's pretty good and trustworthy. I've used it numerous times.
Old Apr 25th, 2022, 08:15 PM

The bride will likely want to meet with a hairdresser in advance and possibly have her hair done in a salon and then head to Central Park. I know my daughter met with her hairdresser twice before the day of the wedding to finalize her style. She had makeup done as well. The hairdresser and makeup artist were able to come to the wedding venue but that venue had a cottage where hair and makeup could be done.

My daughter researched wedding stylists (hair and makeup) on Yelp and then checked websites to see if her vision matched what the stylists typically did. She then spoke with a few before scheduling a trial. Are you being asked to help the bride find these types of services? The idea of a local wedding planner to help with these kinds of details, if you or the bride do not live locally, makes good sense.