Search

DFW Airpot - hotel

Search this Thread

Old May 21st, 2020, 06:56 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
DFW Airpot - hotel

I will be staying for an overnight layover at DFW and would like advice on a hotel.
I am a budget traveler and prefer a hotel with quiet AC. I have been in some motels with old and noisy air-conditioning
and being a light sleeper it was a fitful night for me even with earplugs. I prefer to spend no more than $80 or less.
I am not familiar with the DFW motels and appreciate any input based on your experience. Must have a shuttle to airport
and a free breakfast is not a priority. Thank you.
Old May 21st, 2020, 07:10 AM

Look on hotels.com or booking.com. They have good reviews by people who have stayed there.
Old May 21st, 2020, 08:37 AM

Almost every major hotel chain has locations within 2 to 5 miles of DFW airport and just about all of them offer airport shuttle service. Your $80 or less budget is on the lower end of the scale for DFW Airport hotels but still doable if you stick with places like La Quinta, Comfort Inn, Holiday Inn Express, Best Western, Hilton Garden, etc.

A simple internet search for “DFW Airport hotels” will bring up lots of links. Pick a few that are within your budget and read the reviews.

Sorry, can’t guarantee the A/C in any specific hotel room will be “quiet” other then to tell you most of the better know hotels in the DFW Airport area are either relative new and/or very well maintained.

For what it is worth, when flying through DFW we always stay at the Grand Hyatt right inside Terminal D (it’s very convenient) and have always had a room with a quiet A/C. It’s out of your budget range, though.
Old May 21st, 2020, 09:02 AM

Received 26 Likes on 4 Posts
I had a late arrival & overnight layover at DFW about a year ago & while I'm also a budget traveler I found the Hyatt Regency DFW, located right at the airport, a short walk across the parking garage, well worth the cost. No messing with a shuttle, a quick walk back to catch my flight in the morning, I'd do it again. Affordable luxury & convenience. I see prices at the moment from $119.
Old May 21st, 2020, 12:02 PM

I see prices from $50. Chose a random date.
https://www.booking.com/searchresult...ers=&from_sf=1
Old May 22nd, 2020, 05:38 AM
Original Poster

I may splurge and take your suggestion on Hilton Hyatt.
Thank you!
Old May 22nd, 2020, 07:32 AM

I usually cross check sites like booking.com etc with Tripadvisor. There is some editing of comments posted on booking etc.

If you go to TA you can search all hotel reviews for words like "noisy air conditioner".

Old May 22nd, 2020, 08:52 AM

Received 26 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by barminski
I may splurge and take your suggestion on Hilton Hyatt.
Thank you!
Those are different brands. If you're interested in those right at the airport you want to search "Hyatt". I think you'll be happy simplifying your layover that way.
Old May 22nd, 2020, 05:33 PM

Yeah, the only two hotels on DFW Airport property are the Grand Hyatt located inside Terminal D (from there you can get to all terminals using the free SkyTrain tram without leaving the secure area) and the Hyatt Regency which is located outside the terminals ( they offer free Shuttle service to all terminals).