Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Travel Topics > Travel Tips & Trip Ideas
Reload this Page >

Know anyone who has tested COVID positive and cannot return to the US?

Old Jan 4th, 2022, 02:08 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My friend's Daughter, granddaughter and son-in-law all tested positive after arriving in London recently. They tested positive up until the day before they needed the formal test to return to the US. They all tested negative for the return flight test. My daughter was in Mexico a few days ago and tested negative at 4 PM this past Friday in Mexico for her Saturday flight. Sunday morning at 9 AM she tested positive in NYC. I'm starting to feel like a conspiracy theorist here, wondering if any country is holding back travelers that are testing positive in their country...
Old Jan 4th, 2022, 04:10 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
You are joking, right?
There are so many big problems caused by this virus, why on earth would any country create more? All tests are not 100%. vaccines are not 100%. These people are traveling. Anything is to be expected. Did the people who were testing positive in the UK quarantine or were they out and about, spreading it around? Friday to Sunday is plenty of time for a negative person to become positive if they were exposed. Again. Traveling. Expect anything with this highly transmissible virus.