Honeymoon private beach destination without crowd under budget

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 10th, 2021, 04:47 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi, we are going to marry soon and were planning our Honeymoon on a beach with no crowd (kind of private beach) but couldn't find and good results. We were thinking of Madagascar but any other place will work as long as we have our privacy and is under budget. Are there any good destinations that can be suggested? it would be a great help.
Old Jan 10th, 2021, 06:35 PM

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
Happy honeymoon & welcome to Fodor's travel forums!!

What is the budget you wish to stay under?
Old Jan 10th, 2021, 08:33 PM

Received 50 Likes on 7 Posts
1) where are you traveling from?
2) When/what month which can makes a big difference re costs and weather?
3) If it is soon you need to factor in Covid rules and entry regulations . . . so, what passport do you carry?
4) Your budget in real numbers? Not 'low' or 'moderate' but how much do you want to spend per day
Old Jan 11th, 2021, 03:23 AM
Original Poster

1) where are you traveling from? Germany
2) When/what month which can makes a big difference re costs and weather? like mid of the year (we are flexible)
3) what passport do you carry? German Passport
4) Your budget in real numbers? I was planing for 4000€ to 5000€
5) trip length? around one week

I did some research and found Brother Island, El Nido something like this would be nice too. They also have a Honeymoon Suite which they advertise for $450/week which is pretty amazing.
Old Jan 11th, 2021, 04:25 PM

Received 50 Likes on 7 Posts
"I was planing for 4000€ to 5000€"

Is that or everything -- Including airfares?

"I did some research and found Brother Island, El Nido something like this would be nice too. They also have a Honeymoon Suite which they advertise for
$450/week which is pretty amazing."

The logistics of that would be pretty difficult -- I don't know where you are in Germany but let's say Frankfurt . . . to get to Brother Island would take a minimum of 25 hours, and could be much longer depending on which route you take. (Berlin would be 30-ish to 40+ hours)

Since you are in Germany and only have a week why not look at Greece, or Turkey or Croatia? Lovely beaches and much more realistic travel options.

Old Jan 12th, 2021, 03:40 AM

With COVID-19, planning any travel is a minefield. You need to check entry requirements to any destination you are thinking of going to. Many places need a COVID-19 PCR negative test, plus travel insurance that covers medical etc due to COVID, some need pre-authorisation clearance before departure (maybe done online with submission of test results & insurance policy), some islands want you to quarantine on arrival regardless of test result, some want you to retest while on the island after 4/5 days. And then if you transit through London for instance, it is not clear right now if transit passengers need a COVID test. And even if it is clear now, the rules might change & they could change while you are on holiday. You don't want to be scrabbling around trying to find a COVID test centre in the back and beyond of somewhere so you can get home.

If that hasn't put you off, there are options on KL/AF, routed thru AMS (need COVID PCR negative test to pass through AMS currently) or CDG to several destinations including the Caribbean.

You could look at online agencies eg British Airways Holidays and see if you can find something that would be suitable for you. By flying to London from Germany, it could open up a world of possibilities, for instance, to the Caribbean or Bermuda (which connects quite well from FRA for instance, same day connection LON to Bermuda with a stay at Cambridge Beaches or the Reefs Hotel which would come in at around EUR5000 for a week with flights, more if you choose higher level rooms.) Cambridge Beaches Hotel is pretty private and secluded, I think the Reefs has it's own private beach but not 100%. Be sure to choose your country/language on the BA website and select Holiday Finder.

Also check when the rainy seasons are.