Bolivia feb 2022

Old May 31st, 2022, 10:38 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Bolivia feb 2022

who's been and have you been to their festival , in Feb? Sounds like an interesting country but no one seems to go there.
Old Jun 1st, 2022, 10:03 AM

Yes some of us have been, you can see if there are any trip reports that interest you. The trip reports are easier to find on the desk top version.

I assume you are talking about the Oruro Festival.

I would just search internet search Oruro Festival and see what pops up.

I believe you will need to book lodgings well in advance for virtually all of these S. American Festivals. Kanoo is a reputable English Language agency in La Paz but I don't know if they book Oruro packages. Much of the overseas tourism seems focussed on the Salar de Uyuni but one way to get there goes through Oruro so they should be familiar.

If you are traveling on a US Passport you need to aquire the tourist visa which can be a little complicated.

My trip was over a decade ago and much has changed, including paving of the mountain road between Uyuni and Potosi. In addition I do not think all of the airlines are still in business.

Trip Report..Bolivia (Titikaka, La Paz, Uyuni, Potosi, Sucre) Nov. 2011

Photos are no longer accessible since the closure of picasaweb.

Last edited by mlgb; Jun 1st, 2022 at 10:12 AM.
Old Jun 4th, 2022, 09:16 AM

Not sure why you would think "no one seems to go there"? Plenty of people visit Bolivia. We have probably spent in excess of 6 months there spread over several trips around South America. If you are referring to Oruro festival then it is very popular and runs for over a week with lots of parades etc. if you are interest in going I would start booking early as accomodation and transport tends to fill up quite quickly.

Bolivia can be a challenging country in which to travel and great care should be taken with the altitude issues. Some photos and info from some of our travels there are on our blog @ https://accidentalnomads.com/category/bolivia/ I also did a trip report on Fodors - Back to South America you may have to scroll through quite a lot to get to the Bolivia section - there are a lot of posts!

You could easily spend a few months in Bolivia without running out of things to see. As mlgb suggested above, one of the main sights to see is Salar de Uyuni and the rest of the altiplano. La Paz to Oruro by bus and onwards to Uyuni by train is a popular route.

it is a long way to Bolivia from anywhere so you may as well make the most of it and pack in as much as you can.

Old Jun 29th, 2022, 02:05 PM

Bolivia is awesome. It can be somewhat chaotic, but thats half of the fun. If you are up for adventure, and stating near La Paz, book a biking day on the "death road". Thank me later (if you survive.) Uyuni is unforgettable, Lake Titikaka is Beautiful, and the mines of Potosi will take you back in time.
Old Jun 30th, 2022, 07:50 AM

Awesome