A safe area to spend one night in Bogota

Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 29th, 2022, 11:52 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I’m having a layover flight and need to spend a night. It’d be great to just take a taxi or Uber to a hotel located in a desirable area to spend a morning and have lunch. Our plane departs at 4 pm.
Old Mar 29th, 2022, 01:16 PM
Forum Moderator

Moved to South America forum
Old Mar 29th, 2022, 03:03 PM

Received 8 Likes on 1 Post
I've stayed both the Zona Rosa and Candelaria. The former is more modern and upscale, the latter in the historic center. Either one would be fine I'd think for just 1 night. Depending on your arrival time. If it's somewhat late, maybe you'd feel more comfortable in the Zona Rosa. Plenty of other options I've not visited.
Old Mar 29th, 2022, 04:17 PM
Original Poster

Thank you ! I booked the Hamilton in the zona rosa

Originally Posted by baldone
I've stayed both the Zona Rosa and Candelaria. The former is more modern and upscale, the latter in the historic center. Either one would be fine I'd think for just 1 night. Depending on your arrival time. If it's somewhat late, maybe you'd feel more comfortable in the Zona Rosa. Plenty of other options I've not visited.
thank you so much for your reply - I booked in zona rosa. Is taking a taxi from the airport safe ? The hotel offers a service but I think it’s quite expensive
Old Mar 29th, 2022, 06:44 PM

An airport taxi would be fine. It's only about a half hour depending on traffic. BTW, we looked at the Hamilton too, but ended up at the NH Royal Andino just a couple blocks away. No particular reason we didn't choose Hamilton. Mostly a coin flip. And thought we'd upgrade a bit on our last few nights, it was ok, nothing special, and we probably should have save the $$ and gone with the Hamilton.

Last edited by baldone; Mar 29th, 2022 at 06:51 PM.
Old Mar 30th, 2022, 04:58 AM
Original Poster

Thank you

Originally Posted by baldone
An airport taxi would be fine. It's only about a half hour depending on traffic. BTW, we looked at the Hamilton too, but ended up at the NH Royal Andino just a couple blocks away. No particular reason we didn't choose Hamilton. Mostly a coin flip. And thought we'd upgrade a bit on our last few nights, it was ok, nothing special, and we probably should have save the $$ and gone with the Hamilton.
you’re very helpful - we’re arriving very late, 10:35 at airport, so we’re going to sleep right away. Any suggestions for a lunch restaurant?
Old Mar 30th, 2022, 05:32 PM

No shortage of spots for lunch. Although we tried La Taqueria on Avenida Calle 82 just down the street from the Hamilton. It was good. We live in Mexico so thought we'd see how it compared. But again, lots of options.
Old Apr 21st, 2022, 09:17 AM

If you want something inexpensive, but functional and very close to the airport, try the Hotel Ayenda Golden.