Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Travel Topics > Cruises
Reload this Page >

Cruise of the San Juans-American Cruise line

Old Jan 31st, 2023, 02:07 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Seven friends and I have booked the cruise for mid May to celebrate some special events. While several of us have visited Victoria and Seattle, we know little about the ports of Anacortes and Port Angeles. Do you have any suggestions of special places in those towns? Thank you.
Old Jun 2nd, 2023, 04:01 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Reporting back, the trip was fun. In Anacortes there was an excellent walking tour and some fun shopping. Ice cream at Mad Hatters was great.
Port Angeles was unappealing. We took an excursion to a lake lodge and on the second day we took the ferry to Victoria.
The stop in Port Towsend was fun, very attractive buildings and downtown easily accessible by foot. Elevated Ice Cream was a winner.
For others considering this trip, we enjoyed ourselves. The staterooms are larger than the industry norm. Food was good. Excellent wines available. Staff is professional, polished and very friendly. The ship was at about 1/2 capacity for guests so the service level was exceptionally high. The dress is casual at all times. Average age of passengers was mid sixties to mid-seventies. No children on board. Entertainment was very good and the on board marine biologist was super.

Any questions, I’ll try my best to answer.
Old Jun 3rd, 2023, 05:41 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thanks for reporting back to us.
Old Jun 3rd, 2023, 09:51 AM

Received 42 Likes on 2 Posts
I hadn’t seen your initial post not that I could have offered much advice but I did stay in Port Angeles a few years ago. It wasn’t too bad but I wasn’t on cruise so there for a few days to visit Olympic National Park. My guess is where you were was by the dock which to me was unappealing. I found visiting the park and beaches and surrounding areas away more interesting. I did go over to Victoria which was just ok. I just had no idea there was a cruise so thanks for posting and sharing your experience.