Celebrity cruises, worst ever

Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 11th, 2021, 10:26 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We chose this cruise because we have a daughter that is inelegible for any of the Covid vaccines and they said we would be able to cruise. Unfortunately she tested positive the day of the cruise and so we missed out on a cruise. We were told we would be given a total and complete refund. We had booked 3 cabins and 3 different excursions. We were given a refund for the 2 cabins, but now 90 days, $300 in interest on our cc, and many broken promises later on celebrities part we still do not have our last $3400 to be refunded. Every call the same. You should have it in your account in 7 to 10 days, oh sorry 10 to 30 days. This has gotten rediculous. Never will we cruise with celebrity ever again!
Old Nov 11th, 2021, 02:00 PM

I am sorry your daughter cannot be vaccinated. I hope she is OK. At least, it was not after the cruise started, so luckily, other cruisers were not exposed and she did not have to be quarantined on the ship or put off someplace.
Had you purchased full insurance?
Had you actually cruised with Celebrity before, or only this booking experience with them?

It isn’t the cruise that is the problem, IMHO. It is going through airports (schools, taxis and other places) where only 50% of staff and TSA workers are vaccinated. The risk of picking it up while traveling on the way to the ship is a serious risk, especially for anyone unvaccinated or with other health issues. Given the circumstances you state, your daughter obviously picked the virus up before arrival at the port, so the cruise company really has no responsibility. It is very generous of them to reimburse you. If they do that, please come back and say so because that would be way above and beyond anything I would expect a cruise company to do (unless I had full insurance for everyone going) and I would praise them to the heavens.

I am surprised so many are cruising with still unvaccinated passengers. I am so anxious to go myself, but will not until the numbers are way down and the vaccination rate is much higher.
Old Nov 13th, 2021, 09:09 AM

Have you tried calling your credit card company? Some will get on the phone with you and the merchant. Also try to get the promise of refund in writing. Ask them to send you a confirming email.
Old Nov 13th, 2021, 11:07 AM

Out of curiosity, I looked at Celebrity’s policies. They do indeed offer extremely generous refunds and compensations for loss of travel, medical care, quarantine, etc. due to COVID. It applies to family living within the same house and assigned to the same stateroom, or to others the cruise lines deems a risk to fellow passengers. In this case, the company already refunded for two staterooms. Much unknown.
Old Nov 29th, 2021, 04:19 PM
P_M

First time poster with an axe to grind. I doubt we will hear the full story.
Old Dec 13th, 2021, 01:34 PM

$300 interest in 90 days on a credit card sounds unusual.
Old Dec 13th, 2021, 02:55 PM
P_M

Good point about the interest.

If 90 days of interest on $3,400 comes to $300, that's an interest rate of about 35% APR. I think the OP needs a new credit card.
Old Dec 13th, 2021, 03:34 PM

Received 50 Likes on 7 Posts
It could easily amount to that if he had a cash advance on the books. But I'm pretty sure Freeman_Karate is a one and done and we won't be hearing from him again.