River Cruise Vienna through Eastern Europe

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 28th, 2003, 09:13 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

After our great experience with Viking on their Waterways of the Czars, we have booked their 17 night Eastern European river cruise on the Danube for summer 2003. Anyone else going? Any thoughts to share on the itinerary - Bratislava, Pecs, Belgrade, Bucharest, Constanza, Brasov, Veliko Tarnovo, Viden, Beule Herkulane, Kalocsa, Budapest, Szentendre, Esztergom, Vienna. Thanks.
Old Jan 28th, 2003, 11:09 AM

testing
Old Jan 28th, 2003, 11:14 AM

OK I've tried posting this 3 times, last attempt, hope it goes through...<BR><BR>Hi Mimi,<BR>I was also interested in this itinerary. We're currently booked on the Viking Europe's 7 day Danube Explorer for later this year. We've never taken a river cruise before. I'd love to read a review or trip report when you return. Please post or email me directly at [email protected]. Thanks!
Old May 22nd, 2003, 03:53 PM

Mimi, I would appreciate learning why you chose this particular itinerary. We are looking at it.
Old May 28th, 2003, 10:07 AM

I plan to take Grand Circle Travel Eastern Europe to the Black Sea next summer. We took the Great Rivers of Europs on the Harmony GCT in 2002 and loved it.
Old May 28th, 2003, 11:28 AM
Original Poster

Hi to all: My husband and I have travelled several times through Western Europe and the Mediterranean (bus tours and cruise/land tours), including a mini Rhine River Cruise. We look for interesting and new (for us)itineraries so we travelled Moscow to St. Petersburg last summer. This was our first experience with river cruising and we loved it -- small ship, fewer passengers, docking in town, etc. We were also looking for trips of at least two weeks because the jet lag is not worth it on shorter trips. When the new Viking brochure arrived, we both, independently, chose this Eastern European itinerary. They were places (like Russia) that we had never been before and probably would never have considered visiting independently or on a bus trip. I know from past experience that Viking takes good care of its passengers, picking out wonderful historically and culturally interesting sights, so we decided to go for it!!! Mimi