Water Taxi question- Venice, of course

Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 27th, 2024, 03:49 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

On my last visit to Venice I swore I would not get on a vaporetto with luggage ever again. No comments about my indulgence please.
I have my 3 day transit pass, including RT bus to P. Roma. I have seen booking sites for a water taxi, but I wonder if it is just as easy, perhaps cheaper? to 'grab a taxi' at P. Roma to my hotel (in Campo Santo Stefano near Academia). I realize it might not be able to take me all the way to the hotel, and may charge to go up a side canal. What's the advice for 'catching a cab' vs booking? A bit worried that if I book a taxi and my flight is late, it may be a problem. Thoughts? Thanks.
Old Apr 27th, 2024, 10:23 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
grab a taxi, yes. Of course if you arrive at the same time as lots of other people you may have to wait. But there are worse places to wait. Last time we were there some sort of British actors lovies were in a long queue for the taxis so we just caught the vap