Paris hotel recs near Pantheon

Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 20th, 2024, 06:13 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hello - I'd love information on hotels in the $200 or less US dollar price range near the Pantheon and ideally - one close to a metro stop that goes directly from the airport to the area. I've stayed at Hotel Suez, which is close to the St. Michel line and that I believe was direct from CDG. I'd like to find something closer to the Grands Hommes, which is a pick up point for a workshop.

Thank you in advance!

ETA: It looks nearly impossible to find something in my price range, so I'm adjusting. My priority is to get from CDG to the hotel with minimum fuss and that the hotel be near the Grands Hommes. If I have to stay at the Grands Hommes, I may well do it. 20 years ago I was braver and more agile in navigating foreign cities. ;-) Recommendations still welcomed. THank you again!

Last edited by Rocket79; Apr 20th, 2024 at 06:42 AM.
Old Apr 20th, 2024, 08:45 AM

Hotel des Jardins du Luxembourg - in a small cul-de-sac with a short block walk off the RER B which comes from CSG. Have stayed there numerous times, super quiet, small. Map it to see if it works for your preferences.
Old Apr 20th, 2024, 08:47 AM
Original Poster

Originally Posted by aliced
Hotel des Jardins du Luxembourg - in a small cul-de-sac with a short block walk off the RER B which comes from CSG. Have stayed there numerous times, super quiet, small. Map it to see if it works for your preferences.

I am looking now. Thank you! Does it go straight from the airport or do I have to switch at a metro stop? Thanks again.

Does anyone have experience with Hotel Elysa? Very close and less $$$!
Old Apr 20th, 2024, 02:27 PM

Have a look at Hotel Saint Christophe. It is in the 5th.
Old Apr 21st, 2024, 05:45 AM

No switching, the RER B has Luxembourg stop about a block away from hotel, no metro.
Old Apr 21st, 2024, 12:55 PM
Original Poster

Originally Posted by millie2112
Have a look at Hotel Saint Christophe. It is in the 5th.
Thanks, Millie, looked very nice but no availability for my dates.
Old Apr 21st, 2024, 01:00 PM
Original Poster

Originally Posted by aliced
No switching, the RER B has Luxembourg stop about a block away from hotel, no metro.

Thanks, Alice - Your hotel was a bit pricier than the Grands Hommes, so I went ahead and made a reservation for two nights at the Grands Hommes. I paid a bit more for cancelability, but honestly it has been so long, I'm sure my request was out of step with the times! Since we're being picked up at this hotel, it just made sense to splash out and stay there. I wanted three nights, but the room was only open for two. That gives me more time on the tail end of the workshop to either stay a few more nights in Paris, or explore Brittany and Normandy which is what I'm most likely to do. I will probably still take that train to the Luxembourg stop; it looks to be the closest, so that is great information to have. Thanks again!

Last edited by Rocket79; Apr 21st, 2024 at 01:13 PM.