Iceland: 1st and 2nd week of June. Any events/festivals

Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 10th, 2024, 10:21 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We (family of 4) are planning a trip to Iceland for a week. We will be flying out of San Francisco and going over to London afterwards. We can do it the other way around as well ( go to London first and then to Iceland). So we will be in Iceland either 1st or 2nd week of June.

1. Are there any events/festivals/tourist sites openings etc. that may occur during either of these weeks that we should consider when deciding which of these two weeks to spend in Iceland?

2. I am guessing the weather will typically be similar, though of course that can't be predicted.

Old Mar 11th, 2024, 07:47 AM

Originally Posted by as6405
We (family of 4) are planning a trip to Iceland for a week. We will be flying out of San Francisco and going over to London afterwards. We can do it the other way around as well ( go to London first and then to Iceland). So we will be in Iceland either 1st or 2nd week of June.

1. Are there any events/festivals/tourist sites openings etc. that may occur during either of these weeks that we should consider when deciding which of these two weeks to spend in Iceland?

2. I am guessing the weather will typically be similar, though of course that can't be predicted.
From a Google search: https://visitreykjavik.is/see-and-do...-festival-city there might be more, you'd have ro check your dates with event calendars.

Weather. No, it will not be similar to London. Iceland's weather can change from cold and rainy (or even snowy) to sunny and mild within minutes any time of year, even in June. Pack and plan accordingly.
Old Mar 11th, 2024, 12:04 PM

TravelNerd that describes London's weather too lol.

Just pack something waterproof, something warm, and be prepared to layer or strip accordingly.

As for what's on - Google is your friend. You will also find plenty of advice on weather and what to pack with a simple search.
Old Mar 11th, 2024, 12:38 PM
Original Poster

Thanks! I am seeing events etc online but just don't know if there are any that are not to be missed.
Old Mar 11th, 2024, 12:55 PM

Originally Posted by hetismij2
TravelNerd that describes London's weather too lol.

Just pack something waterproof, something warm, and be prepared to layer or strip accordingly..
I suppose yes, ha. Except I remember it being so much more dramatic and chaotic in Iceland from minute to minute. London felt more...consistent! Did not need waterproof pants and shoes for London like I did for Iceland! So many memories...