0%
Voters: 0. You may not vote on this poll

Curacao +stopover in Aruba?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 29th, 2024, 12:24 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Curacao +stopover in Aruba?

I'd like to visit Curacao with my husband in late April or early May. I'm interested in ~being somewhere warm~, snorkeling (tugboat wreck, turtles, and beautiful turquoise water), the architecture in Willemstad, and the possibility of seeing natural flamingos and maybe even beach pigs. I drafted a quick itinerary which would split our nights between LionsDive and Lagun Blou. Unfortunately, the return flights from Curacao are terrible BUT the return flights from Aruba are great. Therefore, I'm considering flying to Aruba for two nights(?) after Curacao.

The only thing that truly piques my interest in Aruba is the beach. The other attractions and tours don't really call to me (sorry!). Spending a day or two on Eagle Beach sounds a little slow, but nice.

I keep reading that you should not split your time between the ABC islands-- just pick one. Is it really that big of a headache to hop islands? Staying in Aruba sounds a whole lot nicer than an airport hotel in Charlotte. To keep things simple, we probably would NOT rent a car in Aruba... just taxi between the airport and hotel, spend time on the beach, then fly home.

Day 0 (plane): Overnight flight from USA
Day 1 (LionsDive): Arrive in Curacao; check into hotel; relax/beach near hotel
Day 2 (LionsDive): Snorkel tugboat beach; Fort Beekenberg; Distillery tour, dinner in Punda?
Day 3 (Lagun Blou): See more of Willamstad if out of time yesterday; Kas di Pal'i Maishi?, Sint Willibrordus (look for flamingos); check into hotel
Day 4 (Lagun Blou): Playa Porto Marie (try to see pigs), Cas Abao
Day 5 (Lagun Blou): Playa Grandi (snorkel with turtles), Kleine Knip
Day 6 (Amsterdam Manor): Fly, check into hotel, Eagle beach
Day 7 (Amsterdam Manor): Eagle beach
Day 8 (home): Fly out at 1:40PM

Does this itinerary make any sense at all?

If it helps, here's a little about us: We like to see/do/eat things that are unique to our destination. We prefer DIY over doing group tours. We're highly active and have trouble sitting still (we don't get relaxed, we get bored). We don't do nightlife or day drink (a cocktail or glass of wine at sunset is perfect). We prefer solitude, but not at the expense of missing highlights. Our vibe is mid-range boutique with occasional splurges if they're deemed worth it.

Thanks for any input.

Last edited by immy1432; Jan 29th, 2024 at 12:28 PM.