Help deciding between 3 resorts in the Maldives

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 6th, 2024, 11:13 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi, hoping to spend 4 nights in the Maldives for our 40th anniversary from March 2-6. I have been through many posts about Maldive resorts and based on my budget of $1000/per night including everything, I have narrowed it down to 3 places. We are looking for a 5 star resort, want an amazing, uncrowded beach, the quintessential picture-perfect sand and gentle aqua ocean! A good house reef & some nightly entertainment would be great. Hoping to do a combination of a beach and overwater villa.
Here are the resorts:

Oblu Select Sangeli - AI
Siyam World - afraid it might be too big/crowded? - AI
The Standard Huruvalhi - Half board

Hoping to hear from someone who has stayed at one of these or may have considered the same during their research. Also open to any other suggestions for any amazing resorts I may have missed that may be within budget.

I have checked rates with a travel agent and did not find them to be significantly different than the resorts themselves (Oblu gave me a lower rate direct) but if anyone has got a far better deal through a travel agent, would welcome that contact info.

Thanks so much, did not realize finding what we wanted within our budget would be such a challenging task!
Old Jan 10th, 2024, 09:52 PM

Hey! If you're eyeing luxe overwater bungalows, check out Conrad Maldives Rangali Island. For a blend of luxury with a local touch, explore One&Only Reethi Rah is worth considering. And if underwater adventures are your vibe, OZEN Reserve Bolifushi with its killer house reef might just be the perfect fit.
Old Jan 15th, 2024, 09:59 AM
Original Poster

All those are above budget, unfortunately.

Any input on the 3 mentioned above?

Thanks!

Old Jan 20th, 2024, 06:32 PM
mjs

I found the Lonely planet Maldives guide book to be very helpful. Unfortunately lent it out so I no longer have it.
Old Jan 21st, 2024, 08:13 PM
Original Poster

Thanks everyone for all your suggestions!
We may put this trip on hold for now since we would be flying there from India & relations between the two are on shaky ground currently. Don't think it would necessarily affect us but given that I'm stressed with finding a resort too, that just seems like the better option! DH is afraid of flight cancellations etc. I am disappointed yet relieved!

Last edited by excited_confused; Jan 21st, 2024 at 08:38 PM.