St. Croix and St. Thomas and St. John

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 4th, 2024, 04:33 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We are visiting the US Virgin Islands in February (2 adults, 3 girls - 14, 12, 9). We are flying into St. Croix. We will spend the afternoon of the day we fly in at St. Croix. Then we will spend 2 more full days there (2 1/2 days). We would love some ideas of places to go, things to do while in St. Croix. We have a place reserved that is directly on the beach. I don't see many tours, etc. in St. Croix. Then the following morning we will take the 2 hour ferry from St. Croix to St. Thomas. We will be in St. Thomas the rest of that day, along with 1 more full day, and another almost full day (we fly home late on the last day.)

I have some specific questions:
1. I know we need a rental car in both locations (St. Croix and then another one in St. Thomas). We will get one at the airport in St. Croix - then will probably need to return it and take a taxi from the airport car rental return to the ferry. The problem is that the ferry leaves early in the morning (8 a.m.) and I think I heard taxis don't run early in the morning. Can we reserve a taxi prior to that morning so we can get there? We could return the car the night before and then taxi back to our place. And then taxi in the morning to the ferry. Suggestions?

2. We also will need a rental car in St. Thomas. We are arriving into Blyden. Is the best thing to taxi to the airport and get a rental car there (because thats where we would want to return it.) Or are there rental cars need the ferry and we could rent one there (and later return it there) and then just taxi to the airport before leaving?

3. I'd also love any other tips, tricks, and more for St. Croix and St. Thomas (also St. John as we will take the ferry there one day).

Thanks all!
Old Jan 13th, 2024, 10:17 AM
J62

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by bethg225
We are visiting the US Virgin Islands in February (2 adults, 3 girls - 14, 12, 9). We are flying into St. Croix. We will spend the afternoon of the day we fly in at St. Croix. Then we will spend 2 more full days there (2 1/2 days). We would love some ideas of places to go, things to do while in St. Croix. We have a place reserved that is directly on the beach. I don't see many tours, etc. in St. Croix. Then the following morning we will take the 2 hour ferry from St. Croix to St. Thomas. We will be in St. Thomas the rest of that day, along with 1 more full day, and another almost full day (we fly home late on the last day.)

I have some specific questions:
1. I know we need a rental car in both locations (St. Croix and then another one in St. Thomas). We will get one at the airport in St. Croix - then will probably need to return it and take a taxi from the airport car rental return to the ferry. The problem is that the ferry leaves early in the morning (8 a.m.) and I think I heard taxis don't run early in the morning. Can we reserve a taxi prior to that morning so we can get there? We could return the car the night before and then taxi back to our place. And then taxi in the morning to the ferry. Suggestions?

2. We also will need a rental car in St. Thomas. We are arriving into Blyden. Is the best thing to taxi to the airport and get a rental car there (because thats where we would want to return it.) Or are there rental cars need the ferry and we could rent one there (and later return it there) and then just taxi to the airport before leaving?

3. I'd also love any other tips, tricks, and more for St. Croix and St. Thomas (also St. John as we will take the ferry there one day).

Thanks all!
sounds like too much moving around to me
Old Jan 13th, 2024, 10:50 AM

Received 13 Likes on 2 Posts
With 5 people, I agree that's a lot of traveling around. I'd pick one island and stay there.

We stayed 5 nights at the Buccaneer in St Croix and loved it for our family. https://www.thebuccaneer.com

We rented a car at the resort one day to circumnavigate the island, and took a taxi into town for dinner one night.