Sixty days in Europe

Search

Sixty days in Europe

Search this Thread

Old Dec 30th, 2023, 07:04 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sixty days in Europe

I would like to take a trip through Europe by train during the months of April and May of 2024.

I would like advice and suggestions in regards to transportation, the best train pass, buses, and in what order to go (country by country). I would like to start in Italy and work my way up north. I’ve been in Paris, Rome, Amsterdam, London, Florence, Venice. For that reason, I would like to spend just a couple of days at these places. I would like to stay away from tourists areas if possible).

Thank you in advance,

Phoebe
Old Dec 30th, 2023, 07:18 PM

You don't need a pass and often it's worse economically. IIRC the Euro pass if you use it in Italy costs you €10 per ride in addition to the pass itself. Considering some of the shorter rides are less or not much more than €10 it's hard to justify the pass. For example I just bought a ticket Rome to Bologna for €15. Not on sale. Just the normal advance early purchase price.

You don't give enough information for a sensible response on the rest. Most touristy areas are touristy for a reason. They're worth going to. If you want to avoid them what do you want to see?

Remember to take into account Easter is the start of April. The 25th is a holiday in Italy. May 1st is a holiday everywhere but the UK. I think there is an UK bank holiday in May.
Old Dec 30th, 2023, 09:21 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Your question is too vague, you need to give people more information. What do you like? Cities, scenery, markets, architecture, gardens? Are you on a tight budget? Travelling solo?

You could have a month in Italy and a month in Switzerland. Or spend the whole time in the UK, etc etc etc
Old Dec 31st, 2023, 02:29 AM
J62

You could start in Italy, then travel to Slovenia, Croatia, Serbia, Romania, Hungary, Sloavakia, working your way north to Poland, Lithuania, Latvia, Estonia, ending up in Finland.