Botswana

Search this Thread

Old Sep 30th, 2023, 05:40 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Botswana

Does anyone have any information on "Air Botswana". I am trying to find a flight from Maun to Johannesburg, one way ticket on June 6, 2024. I tried Airlink and
cannot complete my transaction due to credit card issues. I left Airlink a message to call me. The customer number I called is: 1-833-493-0034.
Appreciate being informed if this is NOT the correct customer service # for Airlink (Africa). I could go with Air Botswana but read poor reviews on service. Has anyone used Air Botswana and what is your
experience? Thank you!
Old Oct 1st, 2023, 05:13 PM

Originally Posted by barminski
I tried Airlink and
cannot complete my transaction due to credit card issues. I left Airlink a message to call me. The customer number I called is: 1-833-493-0034.
We bought two different Airlink flights this summer. I don't remember which credit card I used or whether I had trouble with Airlink specifically, but for the entire Southern Africa trip, I had loads of trouble buying tickets due to credit card issues. It's some sort of security verification thing, undoubtedly. Try different credit cards, particularly different networks -- I'd try all of Visa, MC and Amex. Hopefully something will work. Also, try calling your banks and talk to a supervisor and see if they can see the decline on their end and help you verify the transaction.
Old Oct 1st, 2023, 11:41 PM

This has been an issue with Airlink for some time. Others who have had this problem were helped by a Customer Care manager named Roxanne. Try emailing her at [email protected].
Old Oct 2nd, 2023, 05:27 AM

Received 6 Likes on 1 Post
One other thing to try, make sure you're not on a mobile phone or tablet. A lot of the problems people have paying for visas and flights are due to that, for some inexplicable reason. Once they try on a laptop or desktop, the transaction goes through.
Old Oct 2nd, 2023, 05:30 AM

Originally Posted by amyb
One other thing to try, make sure you're not on a mobile phone or tablet. A lot of the problems people have paying for visas and flights are due to that, for some inexplicable reason. Once they try on a laptop or desktop, the transaction goes through.
Good advice. Sometimes these merchants have some kind of 3rd party verification thing that pops up, and maybe those don't work on the phone. Now that I think about it, OP can also try different browsers and private browsing perhaps.... An adblocker might be killing one of those pop up things.
Old Oct 2nd, 2023, 05:30 AM

I have just sent you a PM.
Old Oct 3rd, 2023, 05:12 AM
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Heimdall
This has been an issue with Airlink for some time. Others who have had this problem were helped by a Customer Care manager named Roxanne. Try emailing her at [email protected].
I will email Roxane today!
Old Oct 4th, 2023, 01:33 PM

I had no problem with Air Botswana but only flew with them once or twice..that's a pretty short flight..how bad could the service be?
Old Oct 4th, 2023, 02:29 PM

Originally Posted by ekscrunchy
I had no problem with Air Botswana but only flew with them once or twice..that's a pretty short flight..how bad could the service be?
I guess it depends on whether by "service" OP means the on-board experience or unreliable delays/cancellations... But yeah, it OP means the former, I agree.