Search

Kefalonia Lodging Recommendations - Sept 2024

Search this Thread

Old Sep 20th, 2023, 08:21 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Kefalonia Lodging Recommendations - Sept 2024

Hello Fodorites:
In the beginning stages of planning a trip to Kefalonia and surrounding islands in September of 2024. I have been researching and researching but am overwhelmed with all the choices. First, which area to stay in that would be most convenient for doing day (or several) trips. We will have a rental car and will explore the island. Thinking that we may use Kefalonia as a home base and go to Zakynthos, Lefkada and/or Ithaca. We will have about 14 days (excluding travel days) and not sure whether this would be feasible. Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated. As far as lodging goes, we don't need a 5-star hotel. We prefer smaller establishments with a pool preferably. (my husband's must)! Thanking you in advance for your input!
Old Dec 18th, 2023, 05:06 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I would respectfully suggest Terra Mare Hotel in Lixouri as your main base of operations. If you were to venture to Sami, I would not hesitate to recommend the Pericles Hotel. In Poros I would say the Riviera, which does not have a pool, but is located right on the beach instead. I was last at these accommodations in 2018. I can elaborate if you feel it necessary.