One day in Paris, is this too much ?

Search

Search this Thread

Old May 2nd, 2023, 07:03 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

One full day in Paris, arriving the morning prior, that day already planned with neighbourhood jaunt, ebike tour.
For the second full day I was thinking: (we are staying in the 8th, Hotel Cordelia)
Metro or walk to Musee De l'orangerie (already booked for 0930). after that walk through Tulleries gardens then on to Saint Chappelle.
Thinking of booking for 12?
Then a Vedettes du Pont Neuf 1 hour cruise (departs from near Notre Dame returns to same).
then a lunch or snack in that area? Ideas? Want to visit Petite Prince store in this area.
From there, metro to funicular to visit Sacre Couer and Montmarte area.
Dinner in that area...ideas?
Leisurely return to hotel.
Is this too much for one day? Thoughts on other things to add in enroute, if not too much.
Thank you for your advice and assistance.

Old May 2nd, 2023, 08:35 AM

It is humanly possible, but so is the Iron Man competition. Likely, it will all be a blur when you get home.
Old May 2nd, 2023, 08:49 AM

Drop the vedette, and have a more leisurely lunch. Instead of aiming for the Tuileries garden, walk along the Seine to the Sainte Chapelle; you'll have covered most of the vedette ride. There are cafés and restaurants on the Left bank of the Seine.
Old May 2nd, 2023, 09:16 AM

Seems ok to me. FYI You spelled a lot of French words wrong, might want to look them up. Some wouldn't even be pronounced the same way (like Petite Prince for Petit Prince) or "Saint" for Sainte
Old May 2nd, 2023, 09:59 AM

As a general rule, do not eat on Montmartre. Tourist trap central. So many awful places.

Old May 2nd, 2023, 10:11 AM

Received 21 Likes on 2 Posts
"Drop the vedette, and have a more leisurely lunch."

Agreed!
Old May 2nd, 2023, 10:18 AM

I enjoy the cruise at the end of the day when it is still light enough to see, but just as lights are coming on. I would not rush to include it during the day when I could be seeing other things.
Old May 2nd, 2023, 10:35 AM
Original Poster

yes sorry, forgot to add in my original post beware of rushed and incorrect spelling. my apologies and thank you all for your suggestions
Old May 2nd, 2023, 12:21 PM

Received 21 Likes on 2 Posts
Crumpets, I've made hundreds of spelling errors in 20 years on this website. No big deal. We all knew what you were talking about. The first time I visited Paris I called it the Jardin des Two Larrys. As a matter of fact, I still do.
Old May 3rd, 2023, 02:30 AM

Michael and shelemm have given you sage advice. After your Seine walk to St Chapelle, making sure you stop for a coffee and snack along the way, walk past Notre Dame out the back gardens to the Ile de St. Louis and leisurely lunch there. By then you'll know if you have any gas left in your tanks for the Montmartre/Sacre Coeur visit. If you don't, there are several options from this point.

In other words, take your time and soak it all up. You don't need to check everything off the "To See" list to SEE Paris. You need to breathe it.

Anthony Bourdain gave this advice on visiting Paris in Eater:
"Most of us are lucky to see Paris once in a lifetime. Please, make the most of it by doing as little as possible. Walk a little. Get lost a bit. Eat. Catch a breakfast buzz. Have a nap. Try and have sex if you can, just not with a mime. Eat again. Lounge around drinking coffee. Maybe read a book. Drink some wine. Eat. Repeat. See? It's easy."

And please don't fret about the spelling comment. We all have our pet peeves on here--I wince every time someone says "I could use some advise" on here.
Happy Planning,
AZ

Old May 3rd, 2023, 12:53 PM

Yo Crumpets,
Sainte-Chapelle has regular live music concerts, typically classical quartettes and like that. On occasion, it instead features medieval concerts.
Both kinds of performances are worth attending and give added value to the visit. Something to consider.
Pretty sure that one must purchase tickets in advance.

I am done. the end.
Old May 3rd, 2023, 03:29 PM

AlessandraZoe, thank you so much for posting that quote about being in Paris, “Please, make the most if it by doing as little as possible.” That is the most perfectly expressed travel advice I have ever heard! I never quite knew how to put it, but that is like my unspoken mantra.
Old May 4th, 2023, 05:07 AM

Anthony Bourdain didn't get all things right, that's for sure, but he understood Paris, Sassafrass.

Old May 6th, 2023, 04:07 PM
Original Poster

Merci

Thank you for excellent advice. We shall do the bare minimum as far as sights and just spend time soaking in the scene.
Regards, Crumpets.