Search

LHR connections

Search this Thread

Old Feb 5th, 2023, 11:19 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
LHR connections

If I’m arriving from USA at LHR on British Air and connecting to another British Air flight to EDI, from what I’ve read I will go through customs in London-I think my luggage will automatically be transferred by British Air, but I could be wrong-my question is when I get to EDI will I only have to go to baggage claim and then I free to continue on my journey?
Old Feb 5th, 2023, 12:31 PM

I think you mean Immigration/passport control. You will go through passport control when you land at LHR. You will not go through it again when you land at EDI.

Customs is a formality for goods crossing into the country, which you more than likely do not have to worry about but I'd check the requirements for the UK in case you intend to bring goods (such as alcohol) with you.

Is your flight to EDI on the same ticket? If so, your luggage will be checked through.

If your flight to EDI is not on the same ticket, you may need to request the gate agent stateside to check through your flight to EDI.

If that cannot be accomplished and your flight to EDI is on a separate ticket, there is a possibility that you will have to go to baggage claim (after passport control), retrieve your baggage - this is where you would go through Customs - and then re-enter security to catch your flight. But only if the above scenarios are not met.
Old Feb 5th, 2023, 02:05 PM
Original Poster

Wow, thank you so much for your quick and thorough reply. Yes, I’m ticketed all the way through on British Air. This is great info as I’m meeting up with someone in EDI and IF my flight is on time, we’ll know what time to meet.
Old Feb 5th, 2023, 03:11 PM

Originally Posted by Travel_Nerd
If your flight to EDI is not on the same ticket, you may need to request the gate agent stateside to check through your flight to EDI.
Can’t do that on sep tkts with BA even if all flights are BA, they won’t do that anymore.

Old Feb 5th, 2023, 05:36 PM

Thanks for that, Balthy. I'm glad I covered all scensrios, then.
Old Feb 6th, 2023, 02:59 AM
Original Poster

Ok —thanks for that update