Florida Gulf Coast after Hurricane Ian

Old Feb 4th, 2023, 08:24 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Florida Gulf Coast after Hurricane Ian

Hi,
are there places that are still in bad conditions after the hurricane?

We will have 4 days in march to split in 2 different places. Where do you suggest to stay?

thank you
Old Feb 4th, 2023, 08:28 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I have friends in Siesta Key right now and they said things are fine.
Old Feb 4th, 2023, 08:43 AM

Many SW Florida gulf coast towns and beaches sustained heavy damage from Hurricane Ian and are either closed or restrict access to residents and contractors. You can research the latest information regarding closures/restrictions here: https://www.truckthatbeach.com/blog/...urricanes-2022.

Naples, Marco Island and most of Bonita Springs are further along in their recovery than the towns further north such as Fort Myers, Sanibel and Captiva. Areas from Tampa northward sustained much less damage.
Old Feb 11th, 2023, 03:30 AM

I live south of Venice and have major damage to my house....like a 6 foot hole in my roof that I'm still fighting with insurance over and most of the town is flattened to the ground.

Anyways, avoid Naples, Cape Coral, Venice, North Port, Englewood, Port Charlotte, Sanibel Island, Marco Island, Fort Myers, and Fort Myers Beach and you'll be fine.

Your best bet in my opinion would be Sarasota. Staying in Northren Sarasota offers Siesta Key and tons of nightlife and activites.

Best of luck!
Old Feb 11th, 2023, 06:31 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I guess it depends on exactly where you are. I have friends in both Naples and Venice and they are OK. The lobby of one of their buildings is still in need of repair, but the rest of the building and pool and beach are fine. My friends in Venice had no issues
Old Feb 22nd, 2023, 05:09 PM

Many places have gotten back on their feet and are ready for visitors again. You shouldn’t have a problem finding a place to stay! Enjoy your trip to the sunny state!