French labor actions

Old Feb 1st, 2023, 09:29 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
French labor actions

We had planned to travel from Valencia, where we just spent a lovely month, to Montpellier, where we are spending the month of February. We had train tickets on Renfe from Valencia to Barcelona and then from Barcelona to Montpellier on SNCF, for Tuesday, January 31. Two days before the trip I was notified by SNCF that "due to interprofessional social movement " - i.e. a strike -our train was canceled. We were given the option of getting a refund or rebooking.
We decided to rebook for the following day & spend the night in Barcelona, a city we love. BUT that train was also canceled.
We ended up taking a bus from Barcelona to Montpellier, which turned out fine. But my caution: the day following a work stoppage is also likely to be disrupted - people and equipment may not be in the right places. There are more strikes planned in France in the coming weeks. C'est la vie.