Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

Rental car companies recommendation for Bergamo-Cervinia roadtrip

Old Jan 25th, 2023, 10:39 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hello! My husband and his friends are travelling to Cervinia (from Bergamo airport) on the 13th-18th of March. They are looking into renting a car from airport but couldn’t find any company renting cars with snow tyres with good reviews. The companies he found do offer snow chains but he would prefer for the car to have snow tyres. He found one company (SicilyByCar) with a lot of bad reviews online, and a couple more others, but none of these can guarantee that the car will have snow tyres. Does anyone have any recommendations? Many thanks in advance for your help!
Old Feb 1st, 2023, 07:27 AM

Originally Posted by christtravel
Hello! My husband and his friends are travelling to Cervinia (from Bergamo airport) on the 13th-18th of March. They are looking into renting a car from airport but couldn’t find any company renting cars with snow tyres with good reviews. The companies he found do offer snow chains but he would prefer for the car to have snow tyres. He found one company (SicilyByCar) with a lot of bad reviews online, and a couple more others, but none of these can guarantee that the car will have snow tyres. Does anyone have any recommendations? Many thanks in advance for your help!
Did you find a solution? I'm also in the same boat. But there are some companies (like hertz, for example) that I think when on a particular car it says "snow tire", then it comes with a snow tire.
Old Feb 1st, 2023, 08:25 AM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
I would call Auto Europe and speak with a human.

888-223-5555

I'd also fly into Torino (or Milan) rather than Bergamo.
Old Feb 1st, 2023, 08:44 AM
Original Poster

Originally Posted by sepandee
Did you find a solution? I'm also in the same boat. But there are some companies (like hertz, for example) that I think when on a particular car it says "snow tire", then it comes with a snow tire.
sepandee hi! He ended up booking with Centauro - they guaranteed either snow chairs or snow tyres. They have good reviews so hopefully all will be well! He said that Hertz was too expensive.

Jean many thanks for your suggestion! My husband says that he had also looked into Auto Europe, but ended up booking with Centauro. As for the flights, I think he couldn’t get one from Cyprus to Milan (Easyjet canceled them possibly because there wasn’t a lot of interest) so this is why he booked the Bergamo one.

Last edited by christtravel; Feb 1st, 2023 at 08:47 AM.
Old Feb 1st, 2023, 08:59 AM

Bergamo Orio al Serio airport is 150 miles from Breuil/Cervinia
Milan Malpensa airport is 110 miles from Breuil/Cervinia
Turin Caselle airport is 70 miles from Breuil/Cervinia
Geneva Cointrin airport is 120 miles from Breuil/Cervinia