Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Asia
Reload this Page >

Vietnam airline suggestions from Los Angeles

Old Jan 20th, 2023, 08:10 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I will be traveling from Los AngeIes to Hanoi and returning from Ho Chi Minh City. I am looking for suggestions as to the best airline to use. Advice would be most appreciated.

Last edited by marion2; Jan 20th, 2023 at 08:11 AM. Reason: typo
Old Jan 20th, 2023, 08:52 AM

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts
We're flying Singapore Airlines to Saigon next month. Non-stop jFK to SiN, layover and then on to SGN. As far as i know, there are no non-stop flights to Vietnam from the US, you will have to layover somewhere, most likely Singapore or Bangkok.

Whatever you do, keep away from Vietjet. They don't fly to the US but even within Vietnam I would avoid them. They emailed me last week that our flight from Hue to Phu Quoc was cancelled yet refuses to refund our money! They said i can have a credit that is good for a year, but it's useless since they do not have any flights on the day we need to fly, and all of our other flights are already booked, with different airlines thank goodness. Never heard of an airline canceling a flight and refusing to give a refund. After going back and forth with them for a week, I filed a claim with my credit card and rebooked our flights on Vietnam Airlines.
Old Jan 21st, 2023, 06:20 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I suggest plugging in your information to a website like kayak.com and you can check prices, layover times etc. Once you've found a flight you like I would book directly on the airline website.