Mexico City airport questions!!

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 14th, 2023, 05:29 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Our night flight to Oaxaca has been canceled. We are now scheduled for a morning flight at 8:30am. We arrive in Mexico the night before at 7:30 pm. We are still on one ticket from NYC to Oaxaca.

There are no other evening flights that we could take. We would have to leave on an early morning flight from NYC to get there on the same day and that’s just not our thing.

1) are there any hotels at the airport? If so, what do you recommend?
2) what is the security situation at the airport for a morning flight? How early do we need to be there? I assume we’ll have boarding passes but that we’ll have to go through security again.
3) any other suggestions?

Last edited by progol; Jan 14th, 2023 at 05:58 AM.
Old Jan 14th, 2023, 09:28 AM

Received 8 Likes on 1 Post
There are a number of hotels at MEX. Which one you choose will likely be dictated by which terminal you'll be departing from. Terminal 2 has an NH hotel. My understanding is that Aeromexico departs domestically from both T1 & T2. At T1, we've stayed at Camino Real. Not fancy but adequate, but has a covered walkway to the terminal. If you arrive at T1, and your departure is from T2, you'd need to transfer to T2. Probably want to do that the night of your arrival instead of hassling with it the morning of your departure. There is a train & a bus to connect the 2 terminals. I believe most domestic flights require you to check in/arrive 2 hours in advance, (check with your airline) and yes, you'd need to pass through security again.
Old Jan 14th, 2023, 11:14 AM
Original Poster

We’ll be flying to Oaxaca from Mexico City and it looks like it’s in Terminal 2. I just booked at Camino Real, but that says it only connects to Terminal 1. Is there a hotel connecting to Terminal 2? I don’t want to be fussing in the morning.
Old Jan 14th, 2023, 11:21 AM

"The NH Collection Mexico City Airport T2 hotel couldn’t be better placed for the airport – it’s on the 6th floor of the terminal 2 building in Mexico City Benito Juárez Airport, just a short elevator ride from the international arrivals area. Stylish and modern, the circular building is arranged around a courtyard. And the center of Mexico City is just a 30-minute taxi ride away.
  • located in the same building as the terminal 2 arrivals area at Mexico City Benito Juárez Airport
  • elegant, modern building"
Disclaimer, I have not stayed at the airport.
Old Jan 14th, 2023, 11:30 AM
Original Poster

Originally Posted by mlgb
"The NH Collection Mexico City Airport T2 hotel couldn’t be better placed for the airport – it’s on the 6th floor of the terminal 2 building in Mexico City Benito Juárez Airport, just a short elevator ride from the international arrivals area. Stylish and modern, the circular building is arranged around a courtyard. And the center of Mexico City is just a 30-minute taxi ride away.
  • located in the same building as the terminal 2 arrivals area at Mexico City Benito Juárez Airport
  • elegant, modern building"
Disclaimer, I have not stayed at the airport.
Thanks, I just found it, too!