2 weeks in Norway

Old Jan 8th, 2023, 10:40 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2 weeks in Norway

Hi! I have an idea for an epic trip through Norway and was just wondering if anyone had followed a simple itinerary and/or has suggestions. Here is what I was thinking for my dream trip:

Oslo - 3 days

Fjord areas (Bergen, Geirangerfjord & surrounds) - 4 days

Hurtigruten to Lofoten Islands & stay - 3/4 days

Hurtigruten to Tromso & stay - 1 day

Hurtigruten to Hammerfest & into Karasjok/Kautakeino & stay - 3 days

Thank you!
Old Jan 8th, 2023, 11:22 AM

Where are getting the Hurtigruten from to go to Lofoten? You do realise it takes four days to get there from Bergen? They no longer sail daily you so need to check on sailing dates.
The Hurtigrten ships have a long stop in Tromsų so maybe stay on the ship to Hammerfest and just spend the few hours in Tromsų.
How are you getting back from Karkasjok?
Old Jan 8th, 2023, 11:53 AM
Original Poster

Originally Posted by hetismij2
Where are getting the Hurtigruten from to go to Lofoten? You do realise it takes four days to get there from Bergen? They no longer sail daily you so need to check on sailing dates.
The Hurtigrten ships have a long stop in Tromsų so maybe stay on the ship to Hammerfest and just spend the few hours in Tromsų.
How are you getting back from Karkasjok?
It takes four days to take the Hurtigruten ferry from Bergen to Lofoten? I thought I had read that it makes the trip every day of the year??

Spending just a few hours in Tromso is a possibility.

Getting back from Karkasjok, I'm not sure yet, but that's not important at this point.
Old Jan 8th, 2023, 01:19 PM

Originally Posted by austinmd
It takes four days to take the Hurtigruten ferry from Bergen to Lofoten? I thought I had read that it makes the trip every day of the year??

Spending just a few hours in Tromso is a possibility.

Getting back from Karkasjok, I'm not sure yet, but that's not important at this point.
It used to sail daily but no more. It always took four days to reach Solvaer. It is a long way, with a lot of stops.