Search

Mexico City Restaurants

Search this Thread

Old Mar 23rd, 2023, 04:06 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi Tom,

Unfortunately I did not take notes and I don't remember details. We were meeting friends coming down from Queretaro. We chose a table on the broad sidewalk, with umbrella--but the evening weather was perfect. A few years ago we also dined here and had dinner inside, which is a fine space as well, it has a broad open front looking out onto the street. Most of the four of us started with ceviche and then fish for entree. I think I had huachinango, red snapper. The name "Merotoro" sort of means sea and meat, or surf and turf. But we did not have meat dishes. Maybe the reason I can't remember much is that we were catching up with our friends, whom we had not seen for a very long time so lots of wine and laughter (good cocktails to begin with). Excellent, friendly service, and toward the end of our raucous dinner the waiter brought over some more wine "por cortesia" (luv that phrase). Be sure to reserve several days ahead of time, Merotoro is very popular, it has a well known chef but it is not a snooty chef-y kind of place. I think you will enjoy it!
Old Mar 27th, 2023, 11:32 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
In Condesa we really enjoyed Nido Taller Culinario and La Capital. Both very inventive. We ordered way too much at La Capital (4 of us shared), but every dish was like no other. The service at Nido was a bit hit and miss, but the food was worth the shortcomings in service. I live in NYC, have yet to find Mexican food here that comes close to either of these places.

We also stayed in Polanca for a family event, but most meals were planned with the group and nothing stood out.
Old Apr 5th, 2023, 11:01 AM
Original Poster

Received 21 Likes on 2 Posts
Thanks MFNYC. Looking into La Capital.