Egypt tour - agent suggestions

Old Dec 30th, 2022, 07:30 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Egypt tour - agent suggestions

We are planning to visit Egypt and these are the places we want to visit:
Pyramids, Egyptian museum, Alexandria, Nile cruise, Luxor and Aswan
Please suggest some tour operators. We do not want to go by ourselves. I am debating between Globus tour (through affordabletours.com ) and Go Luxor travels.
Old Dec 31st, 2022, 02:42 AM

Received 8 Likes on 1 Post
gelangov, we used Go Luxor tours and they were excellent. We spent two weeks in Egypt and traveled throughout the country. They were our tour guides, picked us up at our hotels and airports and drove us from place to place the times we chose land over air. They were always on time and very knowledgable and professional. They were also very communicative which is important to me both in the planning and during the trip.

I write a travel blog (for fun, no income), www.twoboomersabroad.com. If you click on Blog then Egypt you'll see all the articles I wrote about our trip and they may give you some information. I think I also wrote a trip report for Fodors when we returned. Happy to answer any questions you might have! Have fun planning!
Old Jan 1st, 2023, 10:44 AM

We had 10 days in Egypt and it was the trip of a lifetime. I have to defer to Ellen's "two boomers abroad" blog, because, WoW!! Very detailed and expansive trip catalogue - very impressive. I would suggest a guide and car to everything in the Cairo. The El Kallili Bazar, they will keep the vendors at bay and should point out and bring you to great sights. Go to the bazar early, have lunch, walk more and get out before it gets too busy and your pocket is picked! The 9 pyramids lounge at the pyramids is awesome, your guide will have to take his car through to drive you there, the view is spectacular and a highlight. The National Museum of Egyptian Civilization has 22 mummies displayed very well. Coptic Cairo, and the Citadel were great too. Luxor is awesome, the Karnak temple and Luxor temple (Luxor at night is awesome). Please note the one large obelisk on the left side of the entrance of the Luxor Temple. There was a matching one on the right, but it is in Paris Now! We had a great guide that did not sugar coat history and would say what European Museum different Egyptian antiquities are located. The Egyptian pound has taken a beating, so you can really help people out. Tip for good service, don't give money to people who do something small and then ask for money! Don't let anyone put anything in your hand, they will say it is for you, it is free, but it will not be free and will be a pain. The vendors take haggling and pressure selling to a whole new level, but "no thank you" will usually move them on to the next person. If someone is really bugging you, tell them you will report them to the Tourism Police. Egypt has just about only the Suez Canal and Tourism to bring in money and they don't want any bad reviews! You will have a great time! The temple at Edfu was really neat. Edfu was primitive. The temple of Kom Ombo is significant, however, we went there at night with about 10,000 other tourists, it was a nightmare!! Try to go when less crowded. You will have a great time!
Old Jan 2nd, 2023, 12:42 PM

Received 22 Likes on 4 Posts
We had an excellent experience touring Egypt with Odysseys Unlimited. Fantastic guide. Then we spent four more days in Jordan and would like to return there.
Old Feb 20th, 2023, 02:16 AM

Hello, which tour guide/company did you use. thank you.
Old Feb 22nd, 2023, 01:25 AM

Received 8 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by LHealey
Hello, which tour guide/company did you use. thank you.
Not sure if you're asking me or someone else, but as I mentioned, we used Go Luxor Tours. They were fantastic. We traveled all through Egypt and they were with us everywhere. They're extremely knowledgable and all the guides we had spoke excellent English.

Ellen