Search

Open activities Dec 25th...

Search this Thread

Old Dec 10th, 2022, 11:10 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Open activities Dec 25th...

Me and my colleagues are deployed to Cape Town during Christmas. Any ideas on any activities, things that are possible to do on December 25th? I'm afraid it might become a long day for us...#

Thanks a lot and best regards
Dan
Old Dec 11th, 2022, 08:06 AM

I saw your post on TripAdvisor as well. I’ve spent a couple of Christmas Days in Cape Town over the last few years, but can’t be of much help as they were spent at home with family and friends. Restaurants are usually booked up well in advance for Christmas Day lunch, but you might have some luck if you start checking now.

People from all over South Africa head for the Western Cape for the Christmas holidays, and places like Camps Bay with its long sandy beach will probably be busy, and some of the bars on Victoria Road, which parallels the beach may be open. No alcohol allowed on the beach, though. If you can rustle up some food for a picnic (check out Woolworths) you might be able to enjoy it at Kirstenbosch Gardens.

Here are a couple of websites I found with a Google search:
https://www.citysightseeing.co.za/en/cape-town/things-to-do-in-cape-town-on-christmas-day
https://insideguide.co.za/cape-town/christmas/

Good luck on finding something to do. I won’t be in Cape Town for Christmas this year, but can say it has been enjoyable for me. If you are still around on the 2nd of January you might enjoy the Kaapse Klopse street parade.
https://www.capetalk.co.za/articles/...-back-for-2023
Old Dec 21st, 2022, 02:11 PM
Original Poster

Thank you so much for your reply and ideas. And for the warning where everybody's heading on Xmas Day (omg I love those ancient MSN smilies)

Happy holidays!
Old Dec 22nd, 2022, 02:25 AM

It’s hard to imagine you could get bored in Cape Town, even on Xmas day with some things closed. You didn’t say whether you’ve been before. We were there for a week just a week ago and really enjoyed just riding the wonderful hop on hop off topless city sightseeing bus - the coastal views alone are fabulous. Don’t see anything indicating they might be closed. If open take care car to top of Table Mountain. I imagine the Victoria and Alfred Waterfront will be hopping as always.
Old Dec 29th, 2022, 04:08 AM

Dani747, what did you end up doing?