Toronto for Christmas

Old Nov 16th, 2022, 10:27 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Toronto for Christmas

We are taking our 8 year old daughter to Toronto December 25 to January 7th. If anyone has any suggestions on what to visit or activities for kids She loves playing in the snow, tubing, sledding etc. or any festivals, local play houses or animal interactions. I would appreciate any advice anyone has
thank you!
Old Nov 18th, 2022, 04:34 AM

some good ideas here. Will you have a car? Staying downtown?

https://kirstenwendlandt.com/fun-thi...as-in-toronto/
Old Nov 18th, 2022, 03:24 PM

One of my favourite things to do around the holiday season is the christmas market at the distillery district Nov 17 - Dec 31. Search thedistillerywintervillage on google for details. Kids 9 and under free! Purchase tickets online in advance.
Old Nov 22nd, 2022, 11:03 AM

Originally Posted by eltonj
One of my favourite things to do around the holiday season is the christmas market at the distillery district Nov 17 - Dec 31. Search thedistillerywintervillage on google for details. Kids 9 and under free! Purchase tickets online in advance.
Free for everyone before 4pm (on weekdays I think)
Old Nov 22nd, 2022, 12:40 PM

Originally Posted by Elizabeth_S
Free for everyone before 4pm (on weekdays I think)
Yep, good call, lots of free times to go it appears:Tickets are required on Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays after 4:00 pm, and December 27-31 after 4:00 pm. Tickets are $11 + HST each. Kids 9 and under are FREE of charge

All other times, access is free of charge and tickets are not required.
Old Nov 25th, 2022, 01:29 AM

Another idea - Harry Potter musical is playing now. Google Mirvish
Old Dec 13th, 2022, 09:24 PM

Toronto for Christmas

Given that more than half of the population was born outside of the country, Toronto is frequently referred to as the world's most multicultural city. It's a great, trendy, artistic city. If you're looking for delicious food and hip boutiques, Kensington Market is a must-visit area. The city's expansive Chinatown is also a great place to find delicious food. The CN Tower offers the best views of the city if you want to act like a tourist. Check to visit some of Canada's Lake Ontario beaches in the summer for a little swimming and to enjoy kayaking, windsurfing, stand-up paddle boarding, and other water sports. And if you're taking children, be sure to visit the nearby theme park Wonderland.
Old Dec 15th, 2022, 01:29 AM

Toronto Island Park has cool interactive Children's Garden. The park features several sections including Hide and Seek Garden... It's great for kids and for adults as well
Old Dec 17th, 2022, 10:12 AM

Originally Posted by eltonj
I second this - really only Christmas market of note.

Yonge and Dundas is lively and fun. So is the mall if you are into that. Nathan Phillips Square is another option. I love walking downtown at night with lights everywhere.

The kids may like Wonderland as they have Christmas themed stuff. Plus Exibition Place has a decent park full of flights. Good for a walk.