Flight change advice cairns to London

Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 15th, 2022, 03:10 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi there ages ago we booked flights to Sydney from London and returns from cairns to London with singapore airlines.
they have changed the time of the return flight which means a missed day in Australia and a 16 hour wait in Singapore.
So I’m not sure what our best options are here. Have to be back for the Monday as have work.
Any good suggestions?
I have not accepted the flight change yet but looking at their website it seems this is the only option unless I leave a day earlier missing two days holiday.
Am I not seeing something obvious here?

Old Nov 15th, 2022, 10:05 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
If your trip is months away, the flight timings might change again so I'd wait and see. If it's soon, it sounds like Singapore Airlines don't fly out of Cairns that often which does give you a problem. That might change as the airlines are slowly ramping up to what it used to be like, pre-covid. Can you fly from Cairns to Brisbane or Sydney and fly back to London from there instead. That might work if there are daily flights from Sydney or Brisbane but it would add on extra cost and obviously time at the airport/on the plane.

The long wait in Changi airport might not be too bad. It's a huge airport with lots for transit passengers to do - swimming pool, butterfly enclosure, etc, even short tours of the city.
Old Nov 16th, 2022, 01:51 AM

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post
Changi also has in-house airport hotel rooms in the terminals. Great for a basic room, bathroom facilities and opportunity to change clothes for a different climate zone in your destination city/country. You don't have to exit the terminal, it's all within the transit area.
I know it's not ideal to lose a day of holidays, but if you do get stuck with this option, it's not impossibly awful, either.