Is WayAway legit? Flight search app

Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 9th, 2022, 07:18 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi! I just started planning a trip to Germany next spring (my first time going yay!). While searching for travel tips on Instagram I came across an ad for WayAway.io. Apparently, it's like an online travel agency and flight search app. It looks cute but I’ve never heard of it before. Is WayAway legit? Has anyone used it?

Old Nov 9th, 2022, 08:18 AM

Received 83 Likes on 5 Posts
Cute?
Old Nov 9th, 2022, 06:00 PM

Anything that puts a layer between you and the airline is not a good idea. You can use this kind of service to research prices but avoid clicking any link to actually complete the purchase. Instead, go directly to the airline.
Old Nov 10th, 2022, 04:10 AM

Haven’t heard of it either but the cashback offer looks interesting.
Old Nov 10th, 2022, 05:52 AM

Hey there. I saw their ad on Instagram too. A blogger was offering a promocode for WayAway Plus, so I thought I'd give it a try. It's definitely a newer app, which made me hesitant at first, but I was curious so I went for it. I bought tickets from Dallas to Mexico City and booked a hotel for a week and half through the app – I paid around $1300 overall and got something like $110 in cashback. I haven't withdrawn it yet, but WayAway sure seems legit. At least my tickets to Mexico were!
Old Nov 10th, 2022, 06:40 AM

How many websites are needed to research flights and prices? It's not an online travel agency, its an aggregator similar to Kayak or Skyscanner. You click on links to the actual booking site to complete the purchase, so that could be the airline itself or thru an online travel agency. Cashback is interesting as a USP, aside from that its just another travel app.
Old Nov 10th, 2022, 06:57 AM
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Melnq8
Cute?
Yeah, they have this bird (??) mascot, I find them cute
Old Nov 10th, 2022, 06:58 AM
Original Poster

Originally Posted by SkullCrusher777
Hey there. I saw their ad on Instagram too. A blogger was offering a promocode for WayAway Plus, so I thought I'd give it a try. It's definitely a newer app, which made me hesitant at first, but I was curious so I went for it. I bought tickets from Dallas to Mexico City and booked a hotel for a week and half through the app – I paid around $1300 overall and got something like $110 in cashback. I haven't withdrawn it yet, but WayAway sure seems legit. At least my tickets to Mexico were!
Oh great thanks a lot! Then I'll give it a try as well
Old Nov 11th, 2022, 08:51 AM

Wot Seamus said.
I am done. the app