Luxemburg - what do you think?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 9th, 2022, 04:53 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have bought cheap flight tickets for Paris end september and wonder if my plan is good or not so so.
We have 3 little children and might rent a car to 5 (or 7) people.
We plan to spend few days in EuropePark.
my wife likes colorful beautiful villages with shops and cafes.
i like unique photogenic places and also nature.
i thought drive from Paris and find a place to stay in Luxembourg village for 3 nights.
1 full day visit Dinant in Belguime and maybe another place in luxembourg
1 full day luxembourg city
both looks different and unique then usual places.
then drive whole day visiting other places arriving EuropePark on evening. Stay 3 nights, drive to Strasbourg and return by train to Paris for 1-2 days before flying back home.

Alternatively drive through Burgundy.
Alternatively take train to Strasbourg, rent a car and after europepark drive to Rhinefalls, at gallen, konstantz, Neuschwanstein castle and back to strasbourg and bt train back to Paris.

What do you think?
Old Oct 9th, 2022, 07:40 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
do you mean Europa-Park?
Luxembourg Village is where?

Each place is fine but I don't see a logical sequence, maybe Dinant, Strasbourg, Europa-Park

Burgundy is a big place, if you need to go that far you might look at Auxerre, but Bescancon might interest you.

Luxembourg doesn't really do anything for me. Dinant is a shadow of its former self and a bit depressing

Last edited by bilboburgler; Oct 9th, 2022 at 07:45 AM.
Old Oct 9th, 2022, 07:57 AM
Original Poster

Originally Posted by bilboburgler
do you mean Europa-Park?
Luxembourg Village is where?

Each place is fine but I don't see a logical sequence, maybe Dinant, Strasbourg, Europa-Park

Burgundy is a big place, if you need to go that far you might look at Auxerre, but Bescancon might interest you.

Luxembourg doesn't really do anything for me. Dinant is a shadow of its former self and a bit depressing
Europe-Park in rust, germany
no villages in Luxembourg?
driving fro paris through luxembourg to europe park looks like 6.5 hours while 5 hours driving directly from Paris to Europe Park
why Dinant depressing?
Old Oct 9th, 2022, 08:32 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Ah, it is called EuropA-Park (not Europe Park)
Yes there are lots of villages in Luxembourg, but there is no "Luxembourg village", there is a "Luxembourg City" if that helps. No I cannot recommend any but that doesn't mean there are none, just I've never found one that I really like, maybe down on the Mosel near Germany.
Well I'd not trust google times too much I might add 20% to manage traffic and of course Paris is a big city, where in Paris?
Dinant, used to be very attractive, I've visted it three times, twice for a meal and once for 2 nights and each time it was suffering from the whole Southern Belgium emptying out of shops and restaurants. But if you've never been before please go. It is not one of the main drawers in the area.
Old Oct 9th, 2022, 09:46 AM

Originally Posted by bilboburgler
Ah, it is called EuropA-Park (not Europe Park)
Yes there are lots of villages in Luxembourg, but there is no "Luxembourg village", there is a "Luxembourg City" if that helps. No I cannot recommend any but that doesn't mean there are none, just I've never found one that I really like, maybe down on the Mosel near Germany.
Well I'd not trust google times too much I might add 20% to manage traffic and of course Paris is a big city, where in Paris?
Dinant, used to be very attractive, I've visted it three times, twice for a meal and once for 2 nights and each time it was suffering from the whole Southern Belgium emptying out of shops and restaurants. But if you've never beehe just meant to stay in some luxembourg village, t by at,s all. n before please go. It is not one of the main drawers in the area.
He just meant some luxemborg village in that time, not that this was the name of a place. Implicitly I presumed he welcomed suggestions for that.
Old Oct 9th, 2022, 09:55 AM

Received 6 Likes on 1 Post
I very much enjoy the drive along the Moselle from Remich. In fact I was there just two weeks ago, and the vineyards along the way are spectacular. However, the real reason I was in the area (besides shopping at Auchan Luxembourg) was to see the Saar Loop just across the river in Germany. You might find it of interest.

Saarschleife - the Saar Loop | Any Port in a Storm (proboards.com)

And here is an older report about Remich and the Moselle:

Luxembourg wine country (by kerouac2) | Any Port in a Storm (proboards.com)

Last edited by kerouac; Oct 9th, 2022 at 09:59 AM.