Punta Cana TIPS

Old Sep 30th, 2022, 11:01 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Punta Cana TIPS

Hi

I am interested in traveling to Punta Cana soon and would like recommendations on hotels and activities that can be done there!

For example, opinions about Saona Island or also the center of the island.

Thank you
Old Oct 15th, 2022, 05:29 AM
J62

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I took one trip to Punta Cana a number of years ago, and won't go back. We stayed at some all inclusive (AI) resort along a stretch of beach that had many similar properties.

The AI was ok. Room was great. Choice of several restaurants on the adults only property, or access to the larger restaurant on the sister property next door that had families. Food was plentiful, and tasty, but after the 2nd day we felt like it was the same old same old each meal. We did not venture off the property to look for restarurants or shopping in the town (our fault). Next time we would, but I don't know what's there.

What we didn't like.
the crowds of loud drunk Americans at the swim up bar in the pool from noon onwards.
The sea on the north side of the island is not white sand beaches, but rather huge piles of seaweed all day, every day.
Once you step off the property you're swarmed by hawkers trying to sell you wares. We did not feel unsafe, but security advised us that it could be dangerous. So we basically stayed within the confines of the AI.
Muggy & humid, and buggy - got eaten alive by mosquitos if out after dusk. Yes, it's the Caribbean so I get it, and not Punta Cana's fault. There are more arid islands further south that have different climate.