Search

Visa for egypt river cruise

Search this Thread

Old Sep 25th, 2022, 05:09 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Visa for egypt river cruise

Hello all,

I am booked on the Viking river cruise staring on April 5th 2023. I have a question about the visa i have to get to travel to Egypt. I know i have a few options and was wondering which would be best. I know i can get one on arrival to cario. Also i saw on the US state department website that i can apply for a Evisa. $25 and quick turn around. Does anyone know how long that visa is valid for? I was going to apply now but thought that might be too far in advance. Also Viking has a VISA KIT for $142. Not sure what this is about as its way more expensive than the Evisa and it appears that you have to send in your passport. Why would you choose this option? Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
Old Sep 25th, 2022, 03:50 PM

Received 26 Likes on 4 Posts
I’m a believer in choosing the simplest option, in this case the visa on arrival. It took seconds & I was on my way.

Old Sep 29th, 2022, 01:23 PM

Received 22 Likes on 4 Posts
We spent a few minutes on arrival getting our visas, then went to baggage claim , got our bags and left. I think we each paid $25, maybe less. You can apply for the Egyptian visa as an e-visa online, making your arrival into Cairo even easier.
Old Oct 1st, 2022, 04:44 PM
P_M

Viking is trying to squeeze an extra $117 out of you. The sad thing is that some people will believe this is necessary and throw away money.

I got my visa on arrival. Piece of cake.
Old Oct 2nd, 2022, 10:12 AM

I traveled November 2021, and we used the e-visa form on the Egyptian embassy's website to apply, $25. Piece of cake. If you continue on with Viking's post cruise trip to Jordan, Viking will handle obtaining that visa for you.
Old Oct 2nd, 2022, 02:26 PM

Received 22 Likes on 4 Posts
There was an agent in a window like a teller not far after you left your plane. So easy!! Sad to hear that Viking is fleecing it’s passengers.