Search

Ashville Lodging

Search this Thread

Old Sep 11th, 2022, 01:49 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ashville Lodging

We are planning trip to Ashville for 4 days in mid October. Looking at AirbnB or VRBO. Saw a couple of nice looking ones 20 minutes out of town in Arden. Seems doable for day trips but will this be inconvenient if we want to have some nice dinners at night? Is Uber an viable option for evenings or should we just stay in town? If we stay in town is there an area that would be nice--just need nice dinners not big night life.

Any suggestions for places to stay appreciated. We like the AirbnB concept as one of us is an early bird but not wedded to them. Willing to pay up to $300/night.

M
Old Sep 11th, 2022, 02:58 PM
Forum Moderator

Moved to the US Forum and tagged for NC
Old Sep 11th, 2022, 06:22 PM

Hi MCHS—

When I went to Asheville last year, I was glad to be downtown with all the dining opportunities that were available there within walking distance and in the nearby River Arts District, without worrying about parking or needing a taxi service. Uber was spottier in Asheville in my experience than in other cities I’ve visited. I nearly missed my shuttle to Charlotte Airport because I assumed Uber would
function like it does in other cities (a limited number of drivers perhaps?) and ended up having to use the city cab company in a panic.

I hope you enjoy your time in Asheville as I did.

Best wishes

Daniel

Old Sep 12th, 2022, 02:57 AM

So I guess you will not be driving TO Asheville or renting a car if flying? How do you plan to do day trips? Daniel has given (as always) good first hand information.
Old Sep 12th, 2022, 08:03 AM
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Gretchen
So I guess you will not be driving TO Asheville or renting a car if flying? How do you plan to do day trips? Daniel has given (as always) good first hand information.
We will be driving. Road trip from MN to Ashville to Louisville. Just don't want to go out at night for dinner and drinks and then have to drive.

Michelle
Old Sep 12th, 2022, 02:47 PM

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post
My mom and I stayed at the Omni Grove Park Inn which is a beautiful hotel. We stayed in the old section of the hotel. Downstairs were two huge fireplaces you could walk in to. They had music at night and drinks in the lobby area. The on property restaurant was very good. I have to say it was a pretty place to stay but not a VRBO, Airbnb type of vacation.
Old Sep 18th, 2022, 04:13 PM
P_M

I was there a week ago. Our hotel was 1.5 miles from downtown and it was raining so we didn't want to walk. We tried for an uber. We kept getting messages they didn't have many drivers available and they finally told us to try later. We finally drove into downtown.

Next time we will stay downtown. Don't count on uber in Asheville.

Last edited by P_M; Sep 18th, 2022 at 04:16 PM.
Old Sep 28th, 2022, 07:26 AM
Original Poster

Thanks all. We book a spot in the city. This was good information.