Search

Walking Safari

Search this Thread

Old Sep 11th, 2022, 06:53 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Walking Safari

Hi Guys,

I have been visiting Africa many times, mostly with a selfdrive. Now I am exploring the option doing a walking safari. I have seen walking safari's in zambia costing 5k+ and some in Zimbabwe only 1k. (For about 5 days). For me the experience is best being the less touristy.

Hope anyone has some good advice on this part,

Thanks! Bouke
Old Sep 11th, 2022, 10:56 AM

Received 6 Likes on 1 Post
I had a walking safari planned in South Luangwa in Zambia in 2020 but the pandemic intervened and I never got to go. From my research though, I know they really know how to do it well there and it’s a very worthwhile experience. Compared to safaris I’ve done in Kenya and Tanzania though, Zambia is much more expensive overall, walking or not.

If that’s beyond your budget, you could look at Kicheche camps in the Maasai Mara in Kenya. They have an experience where you walk between two of their camps over two days, staying in a dome tent on the night in between. I’m very much interested in that the next time I go. You don’t say how long you want to walk, but this might scratch the itch?
Old Sep 13th, 2022, 10:02 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Amyb, was just about to recommend kicheche walking safaris. Can be just to another kicheche camp or longer. Cant remcommend Kicheche camps enough. Have stayed at all of them.