HELP -- Decent Budget Hotel in Montreal

Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 31st, 2022, 03:13 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi there ... need some help in finding a decent budget hotel in Montreal. Prefer downtown, old Montreal, Chinatown, of Financial. My budget is $150 USD per night. Seems like something that's decent is over $200 per night. The budget hotels that I've been finding are quite far out of main downtown/old Montreal. Lots by the airport and others in Longueuil across the river. I'm a night person so getting from downtown/financial/old Montreal could be difficult. Also, the budget hotels I'm seeing have scary reviews on TripAdvisor. I've stayed at NH in Lisbon recently and that was $125USD and that was amazingly comfortable and clean. Something a bit modern and upgraded.
Any recommendations ? I need to make my reservations soon because I will land in Montreal on September 16th and stay for 5-nights. Possible that rates will come down prior to my departure? Thank you for your time and consideration. Much appreciated.
Old Sep 1st, 2022, 04:16 AM

Received 17 Likes on 10 Posts
The only one I would recommend in your price range would be Auberge Royal Versailles
https://www.royalversailles.com/
The Radisson metro is a few steps away away.

Personally, if i had to pay those prices to stay in Montreal, I would fly another six to eight hours and go to Europe; real culture, real history, real food.
Old Sep 1st, 2022, 11:11 AM
Original Poster

Thank you for the recommendation. However, TripAdviser has negative reviews posted.
Old Sep 1st, 2022, 12:22 PM

Received 17 Likes on 10 Posts
AirCanada YUL to BRU, leaving 14/09 return 22/09 is $650 US.
NH in Brussels on Grand Place is $920
Just saying...
Old Nov 2nd, 2022, 02:25 AM

Hey. I undestand I am late with the recommendation but maybe youll find it useful for your next trip. Have a look at the Manoir Sherbrooke, it is ocated in the heart of downtown Montreal, and only minutes from many area attractions.
The second oprtion is Le Dauphin Montréal Centre-Ville, it is in the city center as well.
They both cost around US$130 a night
Old Nov 3rd, 2022, 09:36 AM
Original Poster

Thank you for responding.... I'm back from Montreal. I stayed at the Sonder Maisonneuve across from Concordia University. I really liked the Sonder and would definitely stay there again and again Also, the area has lots of cafes, coffee shops, restaurants, and some selected shopping. There was a market about 15 minute walk where I was able to get snacks and drinks. I also walked from the Sonder to meet up with friends staying in Old Town. It was about a 45-minute walk and I enjoyed the walk and exploring Montreal. Again, thanks again for all of your recommendations.