Search

September Trekking in Nepal?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 26th, 2022, 01:14 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
September Trekking in Nepal?

Hi,

Can anybody help me understand if trekking from Sept 9 to 29...is a good, bad, or terrible idea?

Was hoping to do the Annapurna trek. I would be open to suggestions if there is a drier alternative. The rain doesn't bother me, but the leeches definitely do. If I started at Chame, would that be 'above' the altitude for leeches?

Old Aug 31st, 2022, 11:00 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi there,

As the monsoon rains subside, travelers begin returning to Nepal this month. The autumn air is cool and clear, popular tea house trekking in the Everest and Annapurna region are beginning to open up, and a host of lively celebrations keeps the atmosphere festive. Compare to October and November its best idea to doing in September. During this time you don’t feel crowed on tea house and trail which give you more option on accommodation at same time views are far batter then other weather is warm and sunny don’t need many winter clothes so you can make your bag pack lighter. It’s definitely worth it.

Annapurna is already popular trek among the trekkers and hikers as you have 20 days you can also add on the mohore danda/muldai view point or such poonhill at the end of your trek. If you are open for suggestion there is another trek which is far batter khopra danda trek whith Khyar Lake of same altitude but it’s not popular as Annapurna circuit. While you go on higher altitude you don’t get leaches don’t be worry about it. During this period of time less chance of having leech. When rain goes off leeches will not be there as during monsoon as July.

Have a nice and safe travel

If you need any information or recommendation feel free to let me know